Conspiracy theories are bigger than ever nowadays. There are conspiracy theories for just about anything you can think of. Quote me on this. My friends and I looked up a ton of dumb and random ones. We found some of the dumbest ideas for theories. So when I was up late looking through random feeds on Reddit and found one about sports conspiracy theories. I knew there would be legit theories and a ton of funny theories. I made a list of my favorite.
1. That David Stern sent Bettman to the NHL to keep it from overtaking NBA market share. – lilsebastion
This is my favorite one. I know those two are working on something to kill the NHL. I just know it.
2. The 1985 NBA draft lottery was rigged so that the New York Knicks would land Patrick Ewing. The rumor is that the envelop was frozen so that David Stern could feel the cold and pull out the right one. – Hobash
3. NHL: The 2005 lottery was rigged to get Crosby to Pittsburgh to save the franchise and keep them from moving to KC. – penuswilliams
The year before they had Marc Andre Fleury with the #1 pick. The next Malkin with the numero dos. The next year Crosby #1. I doubt it was some grandiose scheme of keeping Pittsburgh relevant, it’s just the Penguins were bad for so long they were bound to eventually going to get some stars. Black_Gallagher
My argument to this theory: The Toronto Maple Leafs. wisco_love
My argument to this theory is the Detroit Lions. You don’t need to check sports betting sites, ESPN or a list of top online sportsbooks to see this. They have struggled more and for a lot longer than both the Maple Leafs and Penguins.
4. That the New York Islanders have fans. – bobovski
5. That the Toronto Maple Leafs are actually an experiment the Canadian government is doing to see how long it will take fans to turn on a team that is never good. – Danosoprano
They are doing more intensive experiments with the Detroit Lions.
6. Undertaker winning all those Wrestlemania matches. C’mon, how can he possibly do that? Its got to be fixed. - Tapeworms
No way was wrestling fixed bro.
7. I’m at least 46253% sure that a global conspiracy has been set in motion with the sole goal of fucking over Toronto sports fans. Let’s look at the mountain of evidence here:
-the Leafs. I don’t even need to elaborate on that.
-The Jays lost 3/5ths of their starting rotation within the space of a week. The Orioles made the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. Coincidence? Duh, it’s obvious the Red Sox are trying to steal our manager.
-The NFL keeps on trying to give us the Bills. I guess they figure the team would fit right in here given how we’re already pretty good with dealing with perennial losers, but couldn’t they like give us the Pats or something? Sure they’re despicable but at least they’ve figured out that you’re supposed to kick the ball in between the goddamn uprights.
-The Raptors? I don’t get it; it’s like all of the Americans are too scared to come play here. Is it the snow? It doesn’t help that we’re not one of Stern’s Chosen Franchises–I mean like, come on, we got the number one pick when the best player available was Andrea freakin’ Bargnani, if anything Stern is actively trying to sabotage us even more.
-TFC? Well tbh I can get standing room tickets in the supporter’s end and a hotdog for like $25 so they’re pretty dope I guess even though they’re shit. – SlowDownGandhi
Are we going to forget about these jerseys too?
8. The Miami Heat. – uncblue123